Job Classification: Administrative Support 3
Salary Range: $21.41 - $26.05 per hour
Length of employment: As needed by the department, but generally May through to August
Deadline for application: January 31
Do you like to work in a team focused environment? Are you organized and focused? Do you like to work within organized chaos?
If so, a Data Entry position may be an ideal seasonal position for you.
Data Entry staff are based in the Management Area Office. The Data Entry position is a support role in Administration in
the Management Area. The primary function of this position is the timely & accurate entry of data into various wildfire
Data Entry's focus is to be timely, accurate and consistent – otherwise invaluable.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- High school diploma.
- One year of related experience.
- 18 years of age.
Education & Experience Preferred
- Valid First Aid Certificate with CPR.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Current Driver’s Abstract
- A Driver’s Abstract, showing a record of seven (7) demerits or less, must be obtained. Your driver’s abstract must be obtained within 30 days prior to your commencement date and must be presented to management prior to your commencement for the above stated position.
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Highly organized individual with excellent keyboard, computer and communication skills.
- Previous experience in forestry is an asset but not necessary.
Completion of a fitness test may be a requirement of this position.
Updated: Jan 07, 2022
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist with administration of Emergency Crews
- Assist Admin/Finance Staff.
- Compile, review & summarize Daily Manpower Time Sheets (Seasonal Wage, Permanent, Type 1 Firetack & Type 2 Wildfire).
- 44 hour / 88 hr sheets for Type 1 Firetack and Type 2 Wildfire Crews.
- Assist with Wage Pay Periods.
- Exported Staff – ensure daily time sheets are being faxed back to us for our records.
- Imported Staff – ensure daily time sheets are being turned in and are accurate, fax to home district for their records.
- Make sure AS4's are aware of any problems/issues.
- Front desk reception as required, answering incoming telephone calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Photocopying and filing wherever necessary.
- Attend any necessary training courses.
- Keep data flow with all Admin staff, work as a team
- Provide Administration Support to the Management Area Office in all aspects when needed.
- Accurate data input of times, rates and crews in the Fires Information and Resource Evaluation System (FIRES).
- Must be available for possible export.
Updated: May 16, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I have to work evening or weekends?
Some shifts are scheduled during evening and weekends, you may also be required to work overtime
What other opportunities are there within the Wildfire Management Branch?
There are a number of other seasonal positions within the Wildfire Management Branch listed on the website.
Updated: Jan 07, 2022
How to apply
Interested applicants can apply through the GOA jobs board. For job specific questions please use the contact information below.
Updated: Dec 17, 2020
Disclaimer: This web page was built using information believed to be accurate at the time of construction
and is for information purposes only. For specifics on the job position, please contact the location/person in charge of
the position you wish to apply for.
Updated: Jan 10, 2022