As part of Alberta’s FireSmart and wildfire prevention efforts, the Southern Rockies Geocaching Challenge is open for participants. Join the challenge today and win some great prizes!
Geocaching is an outdoor recreational activity enjoyed by people all over the world. Participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) or smartphone to locate hidden containers called geocaches.
About the Geocaching Challenge
View from our geocache "SRA 5"
The Geocaching Challenge is an ongoing event taking place in Alberta’s Southern Rockies Area:
Things to Remember
- Caches are in bear country. Be BearSmart.
- Please extinguish all campfires and ensure your off-highway vehicle (OHV) is clean of debris while you hunt for clues.
- Please help protect Alberta’s forests. When you are hiking and looking for clues, stay on designated trails.
- Many caches are accessible via dirt roads that may or may not be passable during specific conditions.
- Using an OHV is recommended, as is returning later when conditions are clear and dry.
- Some roads may be closed during certain times of the year.
Updated: May 22, 2014